Another Reason to Visit Care Dental
oes the thought of having your teeth treated make you tense with fear? Would you rather endure the agony of a toothache than step into a Dentist’s clinic? Then Sedation Dentistry is for you.
Sedation Dentistry uses mild medication to help patients relax during dental procedures and depending on the severity of fear and the treatment, either mild, moderate, deep sedation or general anaesthetic is used.
- Mild Sedation – Keeps you awake, but relaxed.
- Moderate Sedation – You are conscious and will be able to answer the dentist’s questions and not remember much of the procedure.
There are many ways to administer the sedative like inhaling (nitrous oxide aka “laughing gas”), oral (pill) or IV sedation.
- Have a low pain threshold
- Can’t sit still in the dentist’s chair
- Have very sensitive teeth
- Have a bad gag reflex
- Need a long, extensive dental procedure
Even children terrified of dentists or refuse to co-operate can be sedated with nitrous-oxide (laughing gas) which is super safe for children and is administered & supervised by our trained staff.